Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Summer of BLOCKBUSTERS!!!

It's no secret that I love Blockbuster movies. Not the video store. The actual huge tentpole movies that come out every summer.

I can't remember a summer I have been more excited for.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet there has NEVER been a summer that has had as many tentpole pictures in it.

The one stat I find amazing is the number of 3rd movies are coming out.

Spiderman 3
Pirates of the Carribean 3: At World's End
Ocean's 13
Shrek the Third
Rush Hour 3
The Bourne Ultimatum (The third installment)

Plus...

Resident Evil: Extinction (The third installment), which is set to be released Sept. 31st, hitting the Halloween season.

That makes 7 movies that are not just a sequel, but a second sequel. Right on.

Other tentpole sequels include:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (5)
Fantastic Four #2, which actually look better than the original, but is going to once again get slaughtered due to the high volume of tentpoles this summer.

I'm probably missing some, but seriously, who can keep track?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Transformers is pretty well the only tent pole starting as a #1?

James said...

The Simpsons is probably going to be big too. I'm excited. How long has it been since there was a 2-D theatrical release?

Last one I remember was Duck Tales. :p.