Sunday, January 14, 2007

Number One at the Box Office...?

STOMP THE YARD
After the death of his younger brother, a troubled 19-year-old street dancer from Los Angeles is able to bypass juvenile hall by enrolling in the historically black, Truth University in Atlanta, Georgia. But his efforts to get an education and woo the girl he likes are sidelined when he is courted by the top two campus fraternities, both of which want and need his fierce street-style dance moves to win the highly coveted national step show competition.

Looks like the fantasy genre is alive and healthy.

Ok... maybe I'm just old...

Are there really top fraternities that want and need fierce street-style dance moves to win highly coveted national step show competitions out there? If so, please... send me a brochure. I'm intrigued.

From my experience, fraternities were XXX rated versions of ANIMAL HOUSE. Is this what has become of the Greek tradition? See what happens when you remove hazing from houses full of pent up over sexed male youth. They learn tap.

Anyone who is a fan of these types of movies, feel free to educate me on their greatness. I just don't get it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well yes, the dancing IS aesthetically pleasing, or at least kinetically pleasing...but that doesn't make the movies good.

Emily Blake said...

I don't understand. It's January, but there are so many good movies out right now I can't decide which ones I want to see, but the top 2 movies at the theater are garbage. What is wrong with people?